Wednesday, January 28, 2009

learning assesment in the middle



My results, in my bloggly opinion, show me that I have been in school for a long time. When I was younger, tests like these probably would have put me more on the extreme ends. I am a very visual, active, insightful, and “big picture” learner. The tests that I just took indicate me to be pretty mild in most areas. The Jung Typology tests rate me as moderate in almost every category. The process of school and education has seemed to help me acclimate to varying forms of instruction and learning.

The results from the Learning Style Index site show me as being more intuitive and visual. I think these characteristics make it easier for me to learn new methods involving technology. I learn by looking at things and exploring them. I might benefit from a quick tutorial of the program but I will benefit from time to browse through it myself.
The Steinberg Wagner test categorized me as low middle to high middle on almost every style. The only strong rating I had pertained to my global learning tendencies. I think this is very important to understanding new technology. I am not going to understand the in and outs of a program unless I understand the program as a whole. If I understand what the program is doing and why it is important then the other minor details will fall into place as well.

-Kilnitzki

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlin, it is true that you have likely learned to adapt to many learning situations and your preferred styles may be less expressed. This is true of many people who aspire to be teachers as well. Nice analysis of your approaches to learning.

    ReplyDelete